Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Top 10 Week #3: Best Dual POVs of 2012

Top 10 of 2012 is one week of bookish goodness hosted by the fantastic peeps at Two Chicks on Books, Fiktshun, Confessions of a Bookaholic, and Magical Urban Fantasy Reads! Every day from December 24th to December 28th, I'll have a Top 10 list up regarding to the day's topic. Today's topic is:

Best Dual POVs of 2012

In case you don't know what a Dual POV is: basically, it's when a story is told by two different people, typically the male and female protagonists.

Here are my top 10, in no particular order (once again, the book covers lead to the Goodreads pages):


1) Let the Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger

I know, I know, this book isn't even out yet. But my goodness am I a fan (pun intended). 


2) Defiance by C. J. Redwine

Even though I wasn't a big appreciator of the story, the different structural set-ups of Logan and Rachel is a force to be reckoned with.




3) Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan

Hey now, it had to be a book I read in 2012, not released in 2012. ;) On a side note: DFIJIEFJIOJF THIS BOOK I CAN'T.

4) Prodigy by Marie Lu

Marie Lu is a prodigy. That is all. 





5) A Million Suns by Beth Revis

Beth Revis stuns again and again with her awesomeness, but I daresay her ability to write excruciatingly different characters is one of her biggest assets.

(My review)

*At this point I realized that there are, in fact, very few Dual first-person POVs, and even fewer ones that are actually good. So from here on out, these POVs may very well be third-person, and from more than two characters' POV. You have been warned of my technicality.*

6) Burn for Burn by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian

I... did not like this book. But man, those characters. Siobhan and Jenny can sure write flaws in a character, I will give ya that.


7)  Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor

This one is in third-person, but really, who can deny Laini's astounding writing?


8) The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan

It's Rick Riordan. Need I say more?


9) The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater

I have a Shiver hoodie that Maggie signed. I also consider Maggie my idol. Thus, here it is, a Maggie book.


10) Dreamless by Josephine Angelini

Josie. I want Goddess. Now. Pleaseeeee.



So there you go! My top 10 best dual/third-person/multi-POVs of 2012.

What are some of your favorite dual POV books?
The Reviews News

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a response! I love hearing back from you all! :) I respond to comments here on the blog, so if you'd like me to reply to you via e-mail, just state so in your comment. Also, this is an award-free zone. I love and superbly appreciate all of your generous thoughts; I'm just terrible at returning your kind favor.

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...