Thursday, July 5, 2012

Theme Song Thursday {1}


The amazing Jena from Shortie Says has this new meme up called Theme Song Thursday, and basically she picks a book and a song that goes along with the book, and explain why those two items correspond. I will be joining on this awesome meme. :) The book I chose for this week is...



Prodigy
By: Marie Lu
Release date: January 29th, 2013 from Putnam/Penguin

The Elector Primo of the Republic has died, with his son assuming power over what’s left of the USA’s West Coast as it teeters on full-blown chaos. June and Day join up with Patriot rebels so they can rescue Day’s brother and head east for the Colonies. In order to help, though, the rebels want June and Day to kill the new Elector, who may pose an even greater threat than his father.

-Blurb from Goodreads
Pre-order: Mrs. Nelson's (indie stores oh yeah!)||Amazon||Book Depository 

Prodigy is the sequel to the acclaimed, 5-star Legend (you can find my **starred** review of Legend here).


I got an ARC of this AMAZING book from ALA, and I can tell you right now that I literally feel like this deserves to be compared to The Hunger Games. And I never make that comparison (except I did tolerate it for Legend, so yeah, Marie Lu is bloody brilliant). So yeah, Prodigy was that good. The song below may contain SPOILERS so continue at your own risk!

******SPOILER ALERT (possibly/probably)******

 Alright, so, the song I chose is I did it for you by Charice. Here's the video:




 I can't do a proper analysis without spoiling stuff, but I will tell you that THIS DOES NOT MEAN WHAT YOU THINK IT MEANS, okay? So, it's alright. I will feel bad for this later. Anyway! :) The reason why I chose this song is not just because it has to do with something in the book, but also because the entire atmosphere of it corresponds brilliantly with the novel's sad yet fierce momentum. I'll write a review of Prodigy soon and post it on Goodreads (not on the blog--that will come closer to release date). But basically I know this is a really terrible post because I can't even explain anything and most of you probably haven't read this book yet, but I came across this song and it was so perfect for Prodigy I just couldn't pass it up.


I'll do a better post next week, but until then, what do you think of the song and the implications it might mean for Prodigy? Share your thoughts in the comments below!

The Reviews News

1 comment:

  1. Okay. I haven't read Prodigy yet. BUT. I like this song a lot! AAAH <3

    Thank you so much for joining last week :)

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a response! I love hearing back from you all! :) I respond to comments here on the blog, so if you'd like me to reply to you via e-mail, just state so in your comment. Also, this is an award-free zone. I love and superbly appreciate all of your generous thoughts; I'm just terrible at returning your kind favor.

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...