Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Shatter Me

Shatter Me
By: Tahereh Mafi
Reported by: Julianna Helms
Source: Publisher--HarperCollins (THANK YOU!!)
Release date: 11/15/11

Juliette hasn't touched anyone in exactly 264 days.

The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal. As long as she doesn't hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don't fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war-- and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she's exactly what they need right now.

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.

In this electrifying debut, Tahereh Mafi presents a world as riveting as The Hunger Games and a superhero story as thrilling as The X-Men. Full of pulse-pounding romance, intoxicating villainy, and high-stakes choices, Shatter Me is a fresh and original dystopian novel—with a paranormal twist—that will leave readers anxiously awaiting its seque
l.

-Summary from Goodreads

 If Twilight ignited a trend of vampires, and The Hunger Games initiated the follow-up of popular Dystopian novels, then Shatter Me is bound to inspire a trend of novels that, if written to their fullest potential, will rival Twilight and The Hunger Games to the end.


Shatter Me is nothing short of a gripping ride held together by steamy romances, crippling governments, sexy villains, and a cast of characters with an unbelievable plot that will give Katniss a run for her money.


The truth is this: Shatter Me has received one of the most highest amounts of hypes I've ever seen. To say I was terrified to start this novel is like dropping an egg onto cement and wondering if you cracked it. I am truly lucky to receive an advanced copy of this novel, though, and when I saw it in my mailbox after school I immediately abandoned all things (including the very important something called HOMEWORK) and practically inhaled the pages.


Now I know why this book received the hype it did. Tahereh has this absolutely stunning and gorgeous way of writing that completely blew me away. I loved the incorporation of strike-out lines, too. In my opinion, it really made the novel stronger. 


Juliette has an astonishing voice. She clutched me in her raw emotions and I couldn't escape. To read about a girl with heart in a crumbling dystopian world was an absolutely beautiful experience and all of the supporting cast was executed wonderfully as well. Kenji, James, I loved all of them! And the ending... I'm not going to give anything away, but I just need to let you know that I didn't see it coming, and I LOVED IT!


Shatter Me is definitely one of the best books released this year. I'm probably buying like twenty copies when it comes out (IN A WEEK! GET IT! GET IT!), just to cuddle admire them. 


A shattering (pun intended) debut.
Photobucket




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a response! I love hearing back from you all! :) I respond to comments here on the blog, so if you'd like me to reply to you via e-mail, just state so in your comment. Also, this is an award-free zone. I love and superbly appreciate all of your generous thoughts; I'm just terrible at returning your kind favor.

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...